manufacturing & warehousing
Warehouse and production sites are some of the most challenging environments for indoor positioning system (IPS) deployments. These sites are by nature complex due to their sheer size and due to the number of processes that govern them. Thanks to Pozyx' ease of use, its robustness and Pozyx' integration possibilities, a lot of industrial applications become viable.
- Sub Pallet-level Accuracy with Ultra-wideband
- NLOS Mitigation
- Optimized for Industrial Environments (Metal, Humidity, etc...)
Easy to Use
- Quick Deployment (Daisy-chained Anchors)
- Bundled with Visualization Software
- Remote Monitoring and Maintenance
Easy to Integrate
- Open API
- Standard Integration with SAP WM and SAP EWM
- Pub-sub Protocols (MQTT)
APPLICATION HIGHLIGHT | MANUFACTURING & WAREHOUSING
Production line stoppages impact the bottom line and can often be traced back to issues with the internal (re)supply process. A delay with a tugger train at station 'A' cascades through the (re)supply process, creating even bigger delays at station 'Y' and 'Z'.
Classic milk-run optimizations don't use RTLS data. Thanks to Pozyx' UWB technology, milk-run heuristics can be optimized with real-time positioning data from the tugger trains. Delays can be mitigated in real-time, buffers can be decreased and the overall throughput can be increased while keeping the quality of the process under control. Deploying an ultra-wideband solution is top of mind and thanks to Pozyx' value proposition these projects have a very good ROI and pay for themselves.
Plan and optimize how and where people work.
- Optimize work shifts
- Calculate workstation efficiency
- Automate time registration
Losing track of a pallet, carrier, machine or product means losing time.
- Know exactly where assets are
- Reduce physical inventory counts
- Slash lost inventory costs
CASE STUDY | FULL INSTALL
In 2017 an international beer brewer decided to roll out a new Warehouse Management System (WMS) solution for all their Chinese warehouses. The pilot warehouse selected for this project measures more than 27.000 m2. During peak season the whole site is filled to the brim with pallets of beer stacked 7 m high. Thousands of pallets move in and out of the warehouse over the course of a few days. Pozyx was selected out of multiple ultra-wideband vendors to deploy the RTLS network and position the forklift fleet in real time at sub-pallet accuracy.
- Large deployment (27.000 m2) in challenging environment (steel, beer)
- Sub-pallet accuracy in real time
- Back-end integration with WMS