Technical purchase agent
This is a permanent position (fulltime or part-time), located in Ghent (Belgium)
As an technical purchase agent you become a part of the hardware design team and shall contribute to the realization of our high-quality positioning system. You support the hardware team by taking the responsibility on the day-to-day administrative tasks.
You play a key role in requesting quotes from our suppliers and make the necessary price agreements. You place orders, follow them up based on the agreements and delivery times, report them back to the team on a scheduled base and inform immediately on hickups. With this information you proactively (re)calculate/finetune the product cost.
You capture the feedback of the suppliers in terms of market situation (price or leadtime changes), alternative component suggestions, component obsolescence,… and couple them back to the hardware team.
You align the (confirmed) delivery times with the responsible project leader and you mutually agree on the overall project timeline.
You will maintain the Altium component library and shall create new footprints. You write technical (product) documentation and carry out the necessary quality checks, at Pozyx and its suppliers.
Office location: Vrijdagmarkt 10, 9000 Ghent. Team size: 25.
- Responsible for the appointed administrative tasks and the delivered quality
- Request quotes from external suppliers
- Perform short- & long-term price negotiations
- Place orders and follow them up in terms of price, leadtime & quality
- Keep an overview of all the open tasks (RFQs & orders)
- (Re)calculate product cost based on the negotiated component prices
- Communicate with the hardware development team
- Maintain the Altium component library
- Write technical (product) documentation
- Conduct (supplier) quality checks on incoming goods
- Conduct internal product quality checks
Profile we are looking for
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in electronic or electromechanical engineering.
- Fluent communication skills in English & Dutch (written and oral).
- Strong administrative skills and excellent knowledge of Office365.
- Knowledge of Odoo or in general an ERP system is a plus but not a must.
- Ability to understand the basic technicality of the product.
- Well organized, meticulous and a team player.
- Aim for excellence and strive for a win win.
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company.
- The opportunity to work with a young dynamic team and have fun on the job.
Are you a perfect fit for this job? Don’t hesitate and apply now!