For compatibility with the Enterprise series all devices must be updated to firmware v2.0.
Using the Device configurator , the devices can be configured to work with the Enterprise system.
Please download the latest firmware here:
Windows using DFU tool
Updating the firmware with ST’s DFU Tool is a relatively easy process which only requires a few steps. The tool requires Windows 10 or earlier versions. For a full technical description of the tool we refer to this application note from ST
- Download and install the DFU tool.
- Latest firmware download-link can be found on your order page, a notification e-mail will be send.
- Download the latest firmware version (.dfu file).
- Open the DFU tool called “DfuSe Demo”.
- Remove the jumper from the BOOT0 pin on the pozyx device and insert the USB to your computer. After the driver has automatically installed, “STM device in DFU mode” should become visible under Available DFU devices.
- UUnder “Upgrade or Verify action”, click on choose and select the .dfu file.nder “Upgrade or Verify action”, click on choose and select the .dfu file.
- Make sure targetid is set to: 00 – Internal Flash.
- Click on Upgrade to upload the new firmware version.
- Place the jumper on the BOOT0 pins again to use the Pozyx device.
MacOS and Linux using DFU-util
Updating using dfu-util is a very good choice if you’re comfortable with the command line.
- MacOS: Install dfu-util using Homebrew or from source.
- Linux: Install dfu-util from your distro’s package manager.
- Remove the jumper from the BOOT0 pin on the Pozyx device and insert the USB to your computer.
- Have the latest firmware version (.dfu file) ready.
- It’s important to only have a single device in DFU mode attached, then the -D parameter will automatically use that device and you won’t have to find vendor ID and product ID.x. Don’t forget to undo the jumper on the Pozyx devices like you would following the Windows instructions!
- Update the device’s firmware by running:
dfu-util -a 0 -D /path/to/dfuse-image.dfu
dfu-util -a 0 -D /home/john/Downloads/pozyx_firmware_v1.3.dfu
- If you encounter the following error: dfu-util: ERASE_PAGE not correctly executed, please execute the following command:
dfu-util -a 0 -D /path/to/firmware_v1.3.dfu -s :unprotect:force
Then re-execute the firmware update command:
dfu-util -a 0 -D /path/to/firmware_v1.3.dfu
- Remove the Pozyx device and place the jumper on the BOOT0 pins again to use the Pozyx device.