Embedded Firmware Developer
We are looking for an experienced firmware developer to join our embedded team in bringing intelligence to our wide range of hardware products for accurate indoor positioning. These products range from small asset trackers with years of battery life to complex wearables that communicate with different wireless technologies and perform local computations. In your role you will be flanked by an experienced hardware team and a strong algorithms team that describes the smart functionalities for each device.
Office location: Vrijdagmarkt 10, 9000 Ghent. Team size: 25.
- Develop production software to be run on small embedded (ARM) devices
- Develop test code for validating hardware prototypes
- Benchmark and test the low-level functionalities and their power consumption
- Work together with the hardware team to define hardware requirements
- Assist in the development of test-code to run on end-of-line production testbenches
- Peer-review your colleagues embedded code
- Multiple years of experience in low-level firmware development in C
- Experience with the following interfaces: SPI, I2C, Ethernet, CAN-bus, etc…
- Experience with wireless protocols such as BLE, Wifi, UWB, …
- Experience with low-power software on ARM Cortex chipsets (L0, M4, …)
- Understanding of RTOS
- Able to read and understand complex chip datasheets and user manuals
- Proficiency with basic test equipment such as an oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, etc…
- Experience with embedded unit test and production tests
- Experience with Python and Matlab Simulink is a plus
Are you a perfect fit for this job? Don't hesitate and apply now!